Having it all means....

Friday, August 1, 2014

Have you ever thought about what is most important to you in your life? What would "having it all" consist of for you?


"In my dreams" list: Having it all would mean...
  1. Being able to eat as much Texas Chocolate Cake as I want with zero guilt
  2. Having enough money to buy new clothes, shoes, and accessories whenever I wanted
  3. Being able to maintain a rockin' body without working out
  4. Owning a personal jet to fly to wherever my heart desired
  5. Owning everything in Victoria Secret
  6. Owning everything in Forever 21
  7. Not having to re-dye my hair
  8. Being able to get a mani, pedi, and massage every week
  9. Being reunited with my dad
  10. Having the power to eliminate the cancer in all those who have it
  11. Having the power to take away my grandparents achy bones
  12. Being able to eat all the bread that I wanted without guilt
  13. Being able to travel back in time
  14. Being able to eat Pretzel Maker pretzel bites on an hourly-basis with zero guilt
  15. Living in a world absent of divorce

The above list is things in which I probably will never have or be able to do; however, I think that's a blessing in disguise. Of course I would love to eat all of the food that I wanted without feeling a hint of guilt, BUT that wouldn't teach me anything. I would love to have all the money and clothes in the world, but then.... how would I learn the value of items? I would love to be able to travel back in time, but then I wouldn't treasure the time I had with the people I love, in the present, as much. I would love to have a gazillion mani, pedi, and massages; however, I wouldn't appreciate them as much if they were a weekly ritual. I am glad I don't have all the money in the world. I'm glad I can't travel back in time. I'm glad I have to watch what I eat and work towards my fitness goals. I'm glad I've only gotten one manicure my entire life. Why? Because now I know the meaning of value. I know what it feels like to meet a goal and feel proud. I know what it feels like to have it all.

So.... what would having it all REALLY mean to me? It would mean living my life in a way that would make my family, friends, co-workers, peers, and myself proud. Living my life with purpose. Treasuring the time I have with my loved ones. Being grateful for all the opportunities I've been given. Appreciating the little things in life. Lastly, working to better myself each and every day. That is how I believe I can "have it all."








How would you answer this question?



--All my love, McKenna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs