Olivia Wilde's Breastfeeding Photo In Glamour Magazine - Beautiful? Or Inappropriate?

Monday, August 11, 2014



This morning, while watching The Today Show, I came across this photo. My opinion?...... BEAUTIFUL!!!!

There are many controversial opinions with this photo right now. Stella Bugbee, Editorial Director of New York Magazine, thinks that it gives people another 'unattainable' standard. What? I don't think that Olivia Wilde, or any member of the Glamour Magazine team for that matter...was trying to make it seem as if this is how life should be for every breastfeeding mother? This picture wasn't planned. Olivia had stepped away from the set to feed her baby, the Glamour team wanted to capture the moment, and so she said, "You know what? Shoot it, because this is part of my real life." I think that's really cool..... 


Breastfeeding in public is becoming more normalized as time goes on. It's. Just. Going. To. Happen. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it. If you think about it..... we see many women now-a-days with more cleavage hanging out than Olivia's picture (at least Olivia is only showing one boob instead of two... right? Haha jk).


"Olivia Wilde is a mother (to five-month-old baby Otis), a fiancée, founder of Conscious Commerce fashion business, actress, producer, and an impassioned supporter of women journalists," said by Glamour magazine in the new September issue. To add, she is also a member on the board of Artists for Peace and Justice. She is a lot more than one picture. She's a person who does what she wants, shows what she wants, and flaunts what she wants (while still remaining a classy, professoinal, successful, sophisticated, lady). You go girl!

What is your take on the matter?



--McKenna <3



1 comment:

  1. I personally LOVE breastfeeding, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I cover up when I am nursing with one of my nursing covers, and pretty much breastfeed anywhere with it on :)

    ReplyDelete

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs