Goals To Accomplish During Fall Semester 2014

Wednesday, August 6, 2014



I can't believe it's that time of year again! Earlier this summer all I could think about was, "Noooo... it's one more day closer to school..." Buuuuut that's not the case anymore! I'm actually super excited to go back in about one week (minus the fact that I will miss my family lots and lots...sigh). I really enjoy learning, challenging myself, meeting new people, experiencing new things, and setting goals to accomplish. Speaking of goals..... I was reading Caroline Ciener's, a fellow blogger, post titled "9 Things to Accomplish in the Fall" (you can go read it at this URL http://www.eastcoastchic.info/2014/07/9-things-to-accomplish-in-fall.html ), and it gave me the urge to make my own list! So, here it goes..... my list of things to accomplish in the Fall semester:

1.) Get a 4.0 GPA
  •  I earned a 4.0 GPA my first semester of college. I then set a goal to earn another one my next semester, but sadly fell short by LESS THAN 1% of an A in one class, which gave me an overall 3.97 GPA. :( It really sucks to work so hard towards a goal for so long (and yes I cried over it) , but I am turning that negative into a positive, and coming back this semester even more driven! 4.0.... I am coming for you. 
2.) Join one or two clubs
  • I am really looking forward to joining a few clubs this semester. I could kick myself for not doing so my entire first year of school, but you live and you learn right? Clubs are such a good way to get involved, have fun, learn, and network with a bunch of success-driven individuals! Plus... it looks good on the ol' resume ;)  
3.) Go to more school events and social gatherings
  • In order to get a 4.0, a lot of time has to be devoted to studying for exams, tests, and quizzes. Last year I spent probably 90% of my time studying. This year I want to make sure I manage my time well enough so that I can have time to enjoy all the fun things that go on at my school. Go Mavs!
4.) Get a part-time job
  • I need want that little extra money for my Starbucks, frozen yogurt, and shopping addictions.... Yes I am guilty of all three! :P 
5.) Make time for relaxation
  • I am surprised I didn't have many anxiety attacks last year! I stress myself waaaaaay more than any normal person should. To counteract my craziness, I want to make time to go to a yoga class at least once a week, grab takeout and watch Netflix movies (with my awesome roomie), or maybe get my non-fat, iced, Oprah Chai (with cinnamon sprinkled on top) and get lost in a book.
6.) Meet lots and lots of new people
  • I have made some really awesome friends from some of my classes last year, and I hope to make even more this semester! I can't wait to get back and catch up with them all :) Sadly however, my best best best friend moved back home, and will no longer be around to workout with me in the mornings, go on random trail runs with me, go get Wednesday & Friday night fro-yo treats, or come over for random girls nights (usually involving movies, frozen yogurt, and lots of deep conversations) ... I will miss her so much.
7.) Make time to blog
  • Since this is my new addiction, I absolutely HAVE to make time to blog! I won't be able to post something everyday (or else my study sessions will be non-existent, lol); however, I'm hoping to post two or three times a week (same days each week to make my schedule more organized).
8.) Be money smart
  • (See #11 and #4 for the reasons why....)
9.) Workout 5 days a week
  • Working out super early in the mornings makes me feel on top of the world! After working out I feel confident, healthy, fit, strong, and it makes my entire mood better. In order to put my best efforts towards school, I have to put my best efforts into the body that fuels "best efforts." Was that too confusing? Ha Ha...
10.) Plan out healthy, affordable, meals, and snacks each week
  • No explanation needed...... I just want to be money smart, and healthy at the same time. 

11.) Limit my Starbucks and Frozen Yogurt outings to twice a week (lets be real... probably 3)

Well, there you have it, friends. I probably will develop more goals as the semester goes on, but these are the ones that I think of off the top of my head. Having goals is one of the best things you can do to live a happy life. Even when you don't reach a goal how you envisioned, you feel great knowing how hard you worked towards something that's important to you. Setting (and reaching) goals can make you feel a sense of accomplishment and self-pride, something every person needs to feel! If any of you fellow college-goers are about to go back to school soon, comment and tell me what your goals are! :) Have a great day!

Until next time,



--McKenna <3

1 comment:

  1. You're blog is lovely, I have subscribed to you :) From Zoey at www.wonderfullittleworld.com

    ReplyDelete

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs