How Many Times Do You Eat Per Day?

Thursday, August 14, 2014




I came across a short article on Popsugar that had a poll asking people how many times they eat per day. It really got me thinking about how different this answer could be for different individuals. The article is 100 percent right in saying that there is no one, right way to eat to lose weight, to become toned, to gain mass, etc. Everyone reaches their goals in different ways; we weren't born with the same build, genes, bodily functions (okay that was a duhhhhh moment). In other words, what works for one person, may not work for you. Okay I'm rambling.... to get back to the topic on hand, I want to share with you how I reach my goals by how many times I eat per day.

I eat 6-7 times per day, and I LOVE it. Why? I love food. I love eating food. I love making food. I also love that it boosts my metabolism. What does that mean? It means I can eat more food! :) Here is my eating regime each day:

  • Pre-workout snack (normally 20-25 min. before my workout)
  • Post-workout snack/breakfast (right when I get home... I'm starving by this point!)
  • Snack (10 a.m.)
  • Lunch (12:30 or 1 p.m.)
  • Snack (3:30 - 4p.m.)
  • Dinner (varies... but usually around 6:30 or 7)
  • Snack/sweet treat (Between 8 and 9) 
  
Pre-Workout Snack

I always always always.... ALWAYS eat something (rice cake w/peanut butter, honey, and banana slices OR half a banana) before working out early in the morning. "If you can't fuel it, you can't do it," said Leslie Shilling. Check out the following article that talks about The Facts & Myths About Fueling Up Before Your Workout to learn more!

 Post-Workout Snack

 "Perhaps the most important meal in a bodybuilder’s a fit-lover's diet is what they eat after a workout," said Preston Waters, writer for Elite Daily. Read his article "The importance of a Post Workout Meal" to learn more about the importance of post-workout meals, post-workout meal ideas, when to eat post-workout meals, and post-workout fluid intake.

Snack

My 10 o'clock snack usually consists of a granola bar; rice cake w/peanut butter, honey, and banana slices; or some sort of fruit (like an apple w/ peanut butter & honey). Can you tell I love PB & honey? :P

Lunch

For lunch I normally have an open-faced turkey/avocado/tomato sand which w/ cottage cheese OR Light & Fit Greek yogurt w/ fruit (blueberries, strawberries, banana slices) & toast (with PB and honey).

Snack

My mid-day snack is my favorite! It may not be the most nutritious, but it's low-cal, satisfies my taste buds, and wakes me up! I normally have 12 Great Value, Honey-Wheat Pretzel Twists w/ coffee. If I go get coffee at a coffees shop, I get an iced, white chocolate/hazelnut, americano. For non-coffee goers, americanos are way lower in calories because the base liquid is water instead of milk.

Dinner

Unlike my breakfast and snack meals each day, my dinner meals get switched up quite often. For instance, right now I am home from college for the summer, which means I usually eat whatever my lovely mom cooks (I'd be stupid if I didn't.... she is the best cook ever). However, if there is something that I don't feel like eating (like pizza), I won't. My fam used to give me a hard time when I'd make my own meal rather than eating what was made for dinner, but now they understand that I have a certain way I like to eat, and their okay with that. On the other hand, if I am in charge of making my own meal, I like to make grilled chicken, grilled zucchini/squash, and a piece of toast (that's one of my favs).

Snack/Sweet Treat

I don't know about you but I ALWAYS have to have something sweet after dinner. Yes... SWEET! Does that mean you should go eat a huge, gooey, butter-filled, brownie? NO! There are a ton of recipes on my Guilt Free Yummies Pinterest board that you can have after dinner without feeling like you gained 20 pounds. Go check it out :) Your not alone if you like your treats......


So, to wrap things up I just want to remind you that this is what works for ME. The way I eat, may not work for you. Since I've been eating this way I now know what makes my tummy upset, and what makes it happy. The best part though... is that I can eat a lot more than I used to because my metabolism is better (yay!).

I hope that my eating routine did something for you. Maybe it gave you new ideas? Maybe it made you want to be more consistent in your eating habits? Maybe it was just a post you enjoyed reading? Whatever the case, I'm happy you stopped by :) Have a great day!

Until next time,



--McKenna <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs