HITT & Cardio workout

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

So, funny story.... actually it's quite ridiculous and you will probably think, "Okay lady you're a little much...." But, this morning I woke up at 4:45, and got ready to go to a bootcamp class at my local rec center. Getting "ready" consisted of: Slowly getting out of my oh-so-comfey bed, bumping into the wall and tripping over the clothes on my floor, going to do my morning ritual (in the dark because it's too early to see light), wash the hands (brrrr!! Too much cold for my hands right now!), put in the contacts (ouch!!! Eyes are burnt for life!!), throw on a hat, put on some workout clothes, and ate half of a banana. Oh and yes, I "forgot" to brush my teeth.... no judging please.... seriously, it was too early to be functioning enough to remember that task, plus.... I brushed before I went to bed! -__-

Anywho, I then jumped in the car to drive to the rec center. I arrived one minute before class started (wheewhhhh that was close!). So, first I am going to finish the story, and then I will post the workout below. So I did the warm-up, and right as I finished I grabbed my keys, phone, and water, and stormed out that door! Wanna know why? Because the stupid yoga pants I wore kept falling down! There was no way I was going to finish that workout while hiking my pants up the entire time.... SO.... I left.

I went home, changed into more suitable bottoms, and went upstairs to finish my workout. Since I left before I saw what the main workout was, I had to improvise and be creative. Since it's hard for me to workout for long periods when I'm by myself, I decided to do a High Intensity Interval Training workout that would be quick, yet effective. This is what I came up with.....

WARM UP (that I did at the rec center):

Repeat (2x)

 2 laps around the gym
high-knees (down length of gym)
10 sit-ups
butt kickers (back up length of gym)
10 sit-ups
shuffles (down)
10 sit-ups
shuffles back (back)
10 sit-ups
frog jumps (down)
10 sit-ups
high skips (back)
10 sit-ups

HITT & Cardio Workout:

1-mile interval run on treadmill

 Repeat the workout below (2x)

50 jumping jacks
10 burpees
10 jump squats
20 knee-ups (on each side) (forward the video to the 2 minute mark to see how to do this) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An4uTzF2UUM
30 front kicks
10 standing donkey kicks (on each side)
25 russian twists (on each side)
20 in-outs
25 mt. climbers (on each leg)
10 - three way leg lifts (left, middle, then right side = one) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAL_CjuElTc
10 v-ups


Repeat the movements one after the other, and if you have to rest...make it short and sweet. The point here is to get your heart rate up and keep the intensity! :) This workout is good for those days you just don't have much time on your hands... it took me about 35-40 minutes altogether. Go have some fun, and take care!

Haha no I did NOT fall off the treadmill & smack my face... but I am sharing my workout with you anyways!! ;)






                                                         Until next time -- McKenna :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs