Shivers & Jitters Coffee Shop

Friday, July 25, 2014

So, there's this place that's kinda special.... it's a place where I have made new friends & family members.... it's where I go when I need some cheering up.... it's where I go to get a delicious drink (white chocolate/vanilla/iced/americano/with 1 1/2 shot & a splash of almond milk...OMG), it's where I go.....to get paid (currently)! Baha! This mystery place is called.... drum roll....... Oh, jk you already saw it in the title!! :P SHIVERS & JITTERS!!!!! 
I have been working here for about 2 years now, and it's by far the BEST job I have ever had. I remember my job interview with Miss Bonnie, my boss, which was held in the front seat of her car (I was in her bubble & she was in mine, imagine how intimidating that was...). She offered me a drink  (a Marilyn Monroe hot latte, YUM) while we talked. I could tell right then that she was going to be the best boss I've ever had, and I was right. Here I am two years later, and still working for the crazy lady who forgets her sunglasses everywhere she goes... I'm glad she gave me a chance years ago, love you Bon! 
 

I will be going back to school soon for Fall semester, and I will definitely miss making some of my favorite regulars drinks: Dave & Gary's (chocolate, hazelnut, raspberry latte), Joe's (hot mocha w/ whip), Ray's (mocha frappe without whip), Crazy Carrie's (vanilla latte w/ almond milk & of course...remember to shock the espresso), Rick's (blonde, drip coffee), Julie's (8 pump hot chocolate & no calf slobbers), and of course all of our biker friend's drinks!!! 






Okay but really though, working here has been such a blessing. I honestly couldn't picture my life being as great as it is without picturing my amazing co-workers & customers (throughout these last 2 years) in it. Being a barista is one of the funnest jobs ever! It pushes me to be quick on my feet, to be able to memorize very well, to be sociable, to be able to build relationships, and to be able to make people happy. That's the best part.... sometimes getting coffee is someone's favorite part of the day, and I get to be a part of that!

I'm very grateful. And lucky. I just wanted to share with you all a place that is very dear to me. I hope you all have a wonderful night. Until next time...


P.S. If you would like to visit the Shivers & Jitters Facebook page here is the link https://www.facebook.com/Shiversandjitters




McKenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs