Strawberry Banana Protein Oatmeal

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

If you love oatmeal as much as I do, then you should definitely try out this recipe!! I started making this for breakfast while I was in college. It started out pretty basic, but one day I decided to throw in a bunch of "stuff" that sounded good, and..... Tahdah!! The following bowl of deliciousness was produced. If you try it out comment and let me know how it turned out for you! :)

This is the same oatmeal recipe, but has blueberries instead of strawberries



Strawberry Banana Protein Oatmeal

1 cup water
1/2 cup (whole wheat) quick oats OR rolled oats
1 sweetener packet (stevia or truvia)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 scoop strawberry protein powder
1/8-1/4 cup granola
1/8 teaspoon chia seeds
Fresh or frozen berries (slice strawberries)
Banana slices


Instruction:

Boil water over medium/high heat. Once boiling pour in dry oatmeal. Boil quick oats for 2 minutes, or rolled oats for 4-5 minutes. In the meantime, defrost frozen berries (ignore if using fresh berries). Pour oatmeal into bowl with berries. Stir in sweetener, honey, protein powder, cinnamon, and chia seeds. Sprinkle granola and banana slices on top. Enjoy!


Notes:
  • Swap the strawberry protein powder for peanut butter (I used Jiff's Whipped), leave out the strawberries, and swap the granola for slivered almonds to make peanut butter banana nut oatmeal! 
  • The protein I use is called PROTIZYME (Strawberry Crème flavor). I get it from a local store in my hometown called WARRIORS WAREHOUSE. Here is the link to their website if you want to check them out http://www.warriorswarehouse.com/Blog.html
  • I use Bear Naked Fit - Vanilla Almond flavor for my granola (you can get it at Wal-Mart)
Picture of my protein powder and granola






No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs