Raw Sprouted Hummus

Saturday, September 6, 2014







Ingredients:

2 cups sprouted chickpeas
2 heaping tablespoons tahini
2 heaping tablespoons olive oil
2 large cloves garlic
juice of 2 medium lemons
1/4 cup water + more as needed to thin
1 tablespoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon onion powder (if you don't have cayenne)
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
dash of cayenne pepper

Directions:

Throw all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend until a creamy consistency forms. Add small amounts of water, olive oil, or lemon juice (1 tablespoon at a time) if needed.

My Thoughts

 Wow! Yep, that was my reaction. This was the very first time I have made my own hummus (let alone sprout my own beans), and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! I wish I could take the credit for this awesome recipe, but then I would be living a lie ;) I acquired  this recipe over at The Simple Veganista's blog. If you want to sprout your own beans, (you can buy canned beans if you prefer) just click on her blog site above, and she will explain exactly what to do! My purpose for making this hummus was so that I could have a ready-to-go-snack each day while at school. I packed myself a little bit yesterday paired with celery sticks, and BAM, had a healthy, quick, and delicious snack already prepared! I highly recommend you try this :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs